ChasingAzA is a promising new duo from Southeast Michigan, and their new self-titled EP is a testament to their inspirations as well as their potential. Check out our short interview below, and listen to the project on Apple Music here.
1) How did you two meet?
We just met at a coffee shop and happened to hit it off.
2) When did you start making music?
Around a couple months honestly, we just started looking through files and adding all of the instruments. The process was really natural, almost like it had already been done before.
3) What are some of your inspirations and influences?
We take a lot of our inspiration from certain genres, like pop, trap, and certain aspects of punk, lofi, with a little bit of 80’s influence thrown in there.
4) If you had to describe your music in just a sentence or two, what would you say?
Universal mood music.
5) What are your goals for 2019 and beyond?
To change the landscape of music and entertainment in the next coming age.
6) What’s next for you all? Anything else that you’d like to add?
We plan on Releasing a few videos throughout the year, along with music, merch, and a statewide tour.