Jay-Z released his highly anticipated solo studio album, 4:44, exclusively on TIDAL in partnership with Sprint on Thursday night. This is Jay’s 13th studio album—featuring 10 original tracks.
Hova turned lemons into lemonade—throwing jabs at his wife Beyoncé in regard to the release of her album Lemonade in April of last year. If you thought the shade ended there, you’re wrong. Jay-Z even called out his best friend and enemy Kanye West, Future, Chris Paul, and Russell Wilson.
Check out the track list to Jay’s 4:44 below.
1. Kill Jay Z
2. The Story of O.J
3. Smile, featuring Gloria Carter
4. Caught Their Eyes, featuring Frank Ocean
6. Family Feud
7. Bam, featuring Damian Marley
9. Marcy Me
Beyoncé accused Jay-Z of cheating on her with the good haired Becky in her groundbreaking album Lemonade. Jay appears to address the rumors in regard to that album with lyrics in his newly released 4:44 album. The album also goes on to reference the birth of Beyoncé and Jay’s twins—he says,
“Took for these natural twins to believe in miracles. Took me too long for this song, I don’t deserve you,” and “My heart breaks for the day I have to explain my mistakes and the mask goes away.”
Did Jay just say natural twins? Many fans are speculating that he is confirming the idea that Beyoncé’s first pregnancy was fake. We definitely do not think so, but of course speculations always seem to occurs.
Hova goes on to address the breakup between Future and Ciara as he references Seattle Seahawks quarterback, Russell Wilson. It seems as if Russell has taken the role of father figure in the life of Future’s son. He even goes on to reference Solange Knowles in the same track.
Keep reading to find out more about the celebs Jay-Z threw jabs at.
- “Family Feud”: “Yeah, I’ll fuck up a good thing if you let me / Let me alone Becky.”
- “Kill Jay-Z”: “You egged Solange on / Knowin’ all along, all you had to say you was wrong.”
- “Kill Jay-Z”: “You almost went Eric Benét / Let the baddest girl in the world get away.”
- “4:44”: “I suck at love, I think I need a do-over / I will be emotionally available if I invited you over / I stew over what if you over my shit?”
- “4:44”: “And if my children knew, I don’t even know what I would do / If they ain’t look at me the same / I would prolly die with all the shame.”
- “4:44”: “And all this ratchet shit and we more expansive not / Meant to cry and die alone in these mansions / Or sleep with our back turned.”
- “4:44”: “We talked for hours when you were on tour / Please pick up the phone, pick up the phone.”
- “4:44”: “Said ‘don’t embarrass me’ instead of ‘be mine’/That was my proposal for us to go steady/That was your 21st birthday.”
- “4:44”: “I apologize, often womanize/Took for my child to be born to see through a woman’s eyes.”
- “Kill Jay-Z”: “I know people backstab you, I feel bad too / But this ‘f–k everybody’ attitude ain’t natural / But you ain’t the same, this ain’t KumbaYe / But you got hurt because you did cool by ‘Ye / You gave him 20 million without blinkin’ / He gave you 20 minutes on stage, f– was he thinkin’?/ ‘F–kin’ wrong with everybody?’ is what you sayin’ / But if everybody’s crazy, you’re the one that’s insane.”
Future and Russell Wilson
- “Kill Jay Z”: “You almost went Eric Benet / Let the baddest girl in the world get away / I don’t even know what else to say / N—-a, never go Eric Benet / I don’t even know what you woulda done / In the future, other n—as playin’ football with your son.“
- “Smile”: “Slammin’ Bentley doors like we invented doors / 20 years ago we drove Bentley Azures / We drinkin’ Cristal in, yeah / Kept the trey on me like Chris Paulin’.”